[rollei_list] OT: Good bye to Rollei Users???

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:53:48 -0400

Marc et al.

This development about using Rolleis is really shocking and sad to me.

We have discussed every technical Rollei topic and also many completely unrelated off-topics ad nauseam. Now we finally see some members using their equipment and discussing their pictures in relation to Rollei technical challenges and this is being discouraged?!

I always thought this list was as much about using your Rollei gear as it was about collecting it?

Carlos' effort of actually using his gear and posting some pictures was very encouraging and so I started to do the same. Will I and others have to face a reprimand too now for occasionally linking to our Rollei images?
Also, people always have a choice not to click on the link, don't they?

Some rules for linking to pics seem okay, just like the for sale rules, but why come down so hard on a very enthusiastic Rollei user?
Concerned.
Jan

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 01:12:21 -0300 (ART)
From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] OT: Good bye
After some years being one of the members with more
real contributions about Rollei equipment in this list
and about photography in general, I decided to
unsubscribe, I disagree with the approach about the
list that one of the moderators reminded me some
minutes ago.
The members interested about my approach on equipment
and photography know where to find me.-
Best regards