[rollei_list] Re: OT: Electronic Connectivity

  • From: Elias_Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 16:00:57 -0400

I found the same quote, I interpreted differently. He could have modified the verb created a little. In a friendly way it's open to humor, but it's not damning in the way his antagonists think it is. Gore was one of the politicians who championed the technology we make good use of today, in some aspects of its inception he seems to have played a key role. Isn't that enough? The link I provided is clear and even handed, and if it's good enough for Vint Cerf, it's good enough for everyone else.

E.

On May 6, 2010, at 3:47 PM, Austin Franklin wrote:

Hi Allen,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco

(And I quote:)

"I took the initiative in creating the Internet" (0:53)

OK, so he didn't say he invented it, but he clearly did say he "created" it.
It really wasn't that hard to find, if you wanted to.

Regards,

Austin