[rollei_list] Re: OT: Electronic Connectivity

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 22:13:35 -0500

At 08:51 PM 5/5/2010, you wrote:
Al Gore? What was it that he invented? The Internet? Global Warming? Let me think now. The gall bladder?? No, that was from a Tom Lehrer record. Let me think now.

John

I think he simply got rich by way of Global Warming.

He claims to have invented the Internet but that was really invented (in a practical way) by Tim Berneres-Lee:

http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/

I do remember that before then I sold computers to the Naval Systems Center in San Diego for what was then called ARPANET, in the days of Unix-only and CP/M. Those were the days.

DAW