[rollei_list] Re: OT: Electronic Connectivity

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 16:37:46 -0400

At 04:26 PM 5/6/2010, Allen Zak wrote:

>Neither this video, nor others like it I have viewed, substantiates the
>allegation that he claimed to have "invented" the internet.  There is a
>big difference between inventing something, a technical process, and
>his phrase "took the initiative in creating," an enabling procedure.

The two words are given as synonyms in Roget, Allen. And, if you wish, there is an adequate history of both words to show that they have been used interchangeably for centuries. Both words spring from Latin and the two were used as synonyms at the time of the Late Republic, so Roget has it right.

Algore just overspoke and lacked the character to immediately acknowledge this publicly. His Kool-Aid Kooks have been trying to waffle-word a defense for his blunder, but such claims just have no traction.

Game, set, and match.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!