[rollei_list] Re: OT: Bristol Wrenches

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:02:17 -0500

At 02:30 PM 7/29/2010, you wrote:

Torx?

Sounds Familiar, really not sure. If it's similar to a Phillips it is the one I have in mind.

Also, could be the kind used to attach car door hinges- I have a batch of those, most used only one time.

It turns out, as I continue my 3rd year of un-packing tools in the garage, that I have several sets of just about every kind of drive. Every time I had to do something to a car or appliance I couldn't find the right drive so I bought a new set, only to find ones bought earlier and put in some "safe place", to be easily found when needed.

Drives me nuts and I would bet I'm not the only one who does that. [No pun intended]

I still have, from 1958, a giant 1/2 inch drive Phillips I used to overhaul our Whirlpool clothes washing machine. It had one giant screw in the center to hold the agitator. The "sealed" mechanism had a nasty habit of breaking a "sort of" clutch spring every couple of years. I stopped buying exchange units and learned to get inside the drive unit.

Thanks,

DAW