[rollei_list] Re: OT: Bristol Wrenches

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:53:39 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon" <jon.stanton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:40 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT: Bristol Wrenches

I really need an eye exam. Too many hours on the computer. I first read your message as "wenches"

I did shoot my film camera this past weekend at the Gilroy Garlic Festival

iPhone Olympia, WA

I was in Bristol some years ago. It used to be home to Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry and they still have a tasting room. I don't remember seeing many wenches and had my eye out for them. I did chat up a very nice lady cop on the underground, blue black hair and brigh blue eyes. Too bad she lived so far away.

Anyone who wants Bristol wrenches can get them from the original manuacturer and Xcelite makes a set of screwdriver style Bristol wrenches. I got my Bristol keys from Max Gain (do a google search) and the Xcelite set from Test Equipment Depot (again a Google search will find them). The keys are cheap, the Xcelite set not so cheap. The reason for the exotic tools is that I am working on a Collins receiver and Collins was fond of Bristol screws. There are at least a dozen different odd screw caps these days. Most intended for use with power equipment. I think the reason Collins chose Bristol is because they are a lot less likely than Allen heads to be damaged by camming of the wrench. All too often one finds Allen set screws where the corners of the socket are so badly damaged that the screw has to be removed with an EZout.
--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA