[rollei_list] Re: OT: Belplasca

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 21:40:54 -0400

Hi Jan -

I own a Belplasca and have shot with it for many years. It is a 50s
East German camera of modest build quality, with the outstanding
feature being it's coated Zeiss Tessar lenses of excellent quality.
Good examples of these cameras can be had for around $400-$500
dollars.

I do not know if a rollei projector can be used, but I do know there
are several other stereo projectors which do a good job with the
chromes.

The film format is the so-called "european" 7 perf (in contract to 5
perf a la Realist and other American cameras).

The best way to view the stereo chrome pairs is in a good illuminated
hand viewer.

The best slide mounts are the german RTBs

Regards,

Eric Goldstein