[rollei_list] Re: OT: Belplasca

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 19:24:57 -0400

Hi Jan -

You may be able to get a Belplasca for less, but I would suggest you
guy from a reputable stereo shooter. These cameras are modestly built
and they can easily become problematic with improper handling. The
lenses are also prone to mismatch, element switching, poor service,
and other problems. So I'd urge you to know who you are buying from.

Here is a good source for RBT mounts and other stereo equipment if you
are in the US:

http://www.stereoscopy.com/3d-concepts/mounts.html

The principal is an old friend and I would be glad to make an
introduction if you'd like.

I have a modern full frame hand viewer but seem to always default to a
classic viewer from the 50s. I love the TDCs, which will handle the
Belplasca film format without modification. Realist red button viewers
and Kodak II viewers are available modified to handle 7 perf
chromes... they are popular choices.

Yes slide pairs can be readily scanned for viewing on-line... there
are resources and tutorials at http://www.stereoscopy.com to help you.

Regards,

Eric Goldstein