[rollei_list] Re: OT: 35mm RF (Voigtlander Bessa)

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:47:51 -0400

At 11:09 PM 4/19/06 +0200, Thor Legvold wrote:
>Hi Marc,
>
>I appreciate the answer. From the little I've read on RF systems, I had
>thought focusing anything under 28mm or over about 150mm was pretty
>much impossible with any degree of accuracy. How do you manage the 12mm
>and the longer teles?
>
>What approximate used prices am I looking at for something like a
>1.4/35mm, 1.4/50mm and/or 2/90mm? They don't have to be exotics (ASPH)
>for me if they're available in a regular formula.

Focusing accuracy depends on rangefinder baselength, and the Kodak Ektra is
the king here, followed by the Contax II and III -- the Contax II and III
will JUST allow a 180mm lens to be focused but great care is required.  The
4.5/21 is not RF coupled but with its immense Depth of Field, this is not
an issue.  And for lenses longer than 135mm and for macro work, I use a
reflex housing, generally a Visoflex III, though I have a slew of these
guys as well in both LTM and M.

The three lenses you mention ought to be easily found at $400 or less,
perhaps slightly higher for the 2/90 pre-ASPH.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505