[rollei_list] Re: OT: 35mm RF (Voigtlander Bessa)

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:41:38 -0700

Thor und Jeffery,

Can I speak as a Leica user since 1946?  I have tried them all with
varying degrees of satisfaction. I currently use an M4-P and an M6.
They are built like Tiger tanks, but with greater reliability. I now
have only Leica lenses, but I have had many others on extended
loan.  The Rollei made 40mm Sonnar and 80mm Planar and some
of the ZI contenders are by far, the best of the non-Leica lenses.
The Cosina lenses have good glass, but the mounts are lacking in
quality.

I have never had focusing problems with my 21mm to 135mm (f2.8)
lenses.

Opinions on Leicas are like mouths (or other orifices); everyone has
one.

Lest you think that I am a Leica snob, I have more lenses for my
Nikon F2AS than for my Leicas. I also have used Rolleiflexes
since 1945.

Jerry