[rollei_list] Re: Comparison: scanned Rolleiflex Slide vs. 100 ISO ditigal...

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 09:16:20 +0100

Hello David,
I can't really calculate this but I can tell you you have to factor in
the cost of repair and or replacement.
As a lot of my friends know me as a photographer, they ask very often
about who is apt to repair their digital camera.
And quite every time, they come back asking "which new camera should I
buy" meaning the previous digital camera is dead or beyond repair.
some of them having just more than the year... of life and taken not so
many shots.
It is a different game if you go the high end DSLR be it from Canon or
Nikon. But the price tag is not the same...
And the running cost (be it batteries or electricity for accumulators)
has to be factored in.
Just my 2 cents...
Le 08/02/2012 06:49, David Sadowski a écrit :
> Here's an abstract comparison that has nothing to do with
> personalities, and is relevant to our discussion of Rollei cameras.
>
> Imagine buying a Rolleiflex new today, and a comparable quality
> digital camera.  Then assume you take 10,000 pictures with each one.
> So, there is the cost of the film camera plus the cost of film and
> processing, versus the cost of the digital camera and software.
>
> Which is more?
>
> (Interesting way to "win" an argument... state that the other person
> doesn't know what they're talking about, and tell them that they can't
> answer you, lol.)

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
                Abraham Maslow
A British variant :
Any tool can serve as a hammer but a screwdriver makes the best chisel.