[rollei_list] Re: Care of the Rolleiflex covering

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:10:25 -0400

Jerry, I will teach you how to apply shoe properly so it does not rub
off or stain... I learned it at the hands of my European mother (who
had no tolerance for stained trousers!) when I started wearing
shoes...

Relative to Richard's research... it is certainly true that petrolium
distillates (and silicon!) are toxic to leather but not all leather
waxes are derived from petrolium. There are many natural waxes that
have been used successfully for leather care for hundreds if not
thousands of years.

I also agree with Richard that Lexol seems to be a combination of the
good stuff... non-petrolium oils and lanolin. I have no idea what's in
Leather Amore but their web sites claims all the proper awareness and
ingredients...

Eric Goldstein

--

On 7/16/06, Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric,

I dunno what you do in your business SUITES, but I have
stained the cuffs of many a pair of chino trousers by using
Kiwi wax on my shoes.

Jerry