[rollei_list] Re: A long lens

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 19:50:45 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward Meyers" <aghalidebw@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 6:33 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: A long lens

When I was a student at RIT, as other students did, we mounted a 7 in. Ektar
and used it on a Graflex reflex camera
.
Ed Meyers

At one time several newspapers used 5x7 Graflex Home Portrait models adapted to very long telephoto lenses, about 30 or more inches FL. Hugo Meyer made one of them and I can't remember who made the others. The camera and lens were mounted on a chassis with a lever, like an old fashioned emergency brake lever, for focusing. These were used for covering baseball and football particularly. Often called a "Big Bertha" camera. I actally saw one of these for sale at some local swap meet several years ago.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA