[rollei_list] Re: A long lens

  • From: "mail1" <mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 19:11:56 -0700

Carlos, I have tried one, it is very big and I thought impractical because
of its size. The lens is very long at 30 inches. I opted for the Ziess 500mm
f5.6 lens; 12 inches long; with a 2x Tele Converter. Also I have a 750mm f7
Century Tele-Athenar lens which is very light and I found it very practical
in the field taking photos of air planes flying acrobatics At the Reno air
show. It was originally designed for 35m/m super slides therefore there is
some vignette at the corners.

Jonathan