[rollei_list] Re: 3.5 Xenar with matching 2.8 Heidomat???

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:36:30 -0800

Sorry Carlos, Guess I blew it. I did not follow the thread to that detail.
I just thought I might as well cover both lenses in one post.
Was I wrong about the F3.1? Wasn't it used as the viewing lens on
early Automats? Or was it always a F3.2?

On 11/1/06, Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It seems that you were not following the thread, you
are confusing viewing lens with taking lens, we were
talking about Rolleicord viewing lens, you mentioned
earlier Rolleicords taking lens.
The Rolleiflex Standard later versions and the  New
Standard from 1939 have a Heidoscop- Anastigsmat
3.1/75, the New Standard was a cheaper camera that the
Automat and for this reason was provided with a
cheaper viewing lens, the Automat from the first 1937
model was provided with a Heidoscop-Anastigmat 2.8/75,
there are are a lot of photographs in the web about a
lot of Automat first model showing this viewing lens,
and Prochnow in the Relloi Reprot 1, page 7-200 shows
a close-up about this new viewing lens for the Automat
first model.
Regarding the last paragraph in your post there were
several messages from different members explaining
about it .-

All the best
Carlos