[rollei_list] Re: 3.5 Xenar with matching 2.8 Heidomat???

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 01:04:51 +0000 (GMT)

No Peter, the 3.1 viewing lens was used from the
original Rolleiflex to the Standard 1938 and for the
New Standard manufactured from 1939 to 1941. There is
no doubt the first Automat from 1937 had a viewing
lens 2.8/75 because this camera won the Grand Prix for
the best industrial design in the Paris Expo World and
its features were registered for the prize -and there
are several Automat I working yet.
Prochnow explains in the Rollei Report I that this
camera had a 2.8/75 viewing lens from the beginning, a
few earlier samples had not engraved the viewing lens
name and features in the lens retaining ring, but
after a short time of the production starting the
viewfinder lens retaining ring was engraved with
"Heidoscop- Anastigmat 1:2,8", he shows a close-up
photographs about this engraved ring in the page 7-200
as I wrote in my previous post.-

All the best
Carlos

Correo Yahoo!