[rollei_list] Re: 2.8F test roll results

  • From: Richard Urmonas <richard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 07:48:19 -0700

Jan,

If I am understanding the problem correctly, the film sensor is
permanently tripped, so it does not wait for the tape before it starts
counting, but starts immediately. It should just be an adjustment to
the feeler mechanism. Less likely it could also be that something is
wrong with the mechanism and it does not return to the "new film"
position.

Richard Urmonas

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 02:16:17 -0400
Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry, I meant "test roll" of course. It's the silly editor in the
webmail version of my email program. Will try to proof-read this one.

Well, I did 2 test rolls in the "new 2.8F" by nos. One Portra 160
at the store and one Agfapan 100 (8 minutes in 1:25 Rodinal) at home.
Detected the following unpleasant problem: pictures start at shot 3
or 4 right on the taped beginning of the film. I am loosing 3 or 4
images on every roll.
Otherwise sharpness is excellent, as I expected from the Planar, and
even the built-in meter seems to be quite good.
So, its back to the store on Monday to either return the camera
(2-week return warranty) or get a break on the price for the repair
(150-200 Euros?). Would prefer the latter.

Makes me re-appreciate my Xenotar 3.5E, which never had a film issue.

Jan

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 03:39:38 -0500
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: 3.5E and 2.8F questions
From: David Sadowski <dsadowski@xxxxxxxxx>

What is a "test cool?"
On Jul 18, 2015 3:25 AM, "Jan Decher" <jdecher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org