[rollei_list] Re: 2.8F test roll results

  • From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 02:16:17 -0400

Sorry, I meant "test roll" of course. It's the silly editor in the webmail version of my email program. Will try to proof-read this one.

Well, I did 2 test rolls in the "new 2.8F" by nos. One Portra 160 at the store and one Agfapan 100 (8 minutes in 1:25 Rodinal) at home.
Detected the following unpleasant problem: pictures start at shot 3 or 4 right on the taped beginning of the film. I am loosing 3 or 4 images on every roll.
Otherwise sharpness is excellent, as I expected from the Planar, and even the built-in meter seems to be quite good.
So, its back to the store on Monday to either return the camera (2-week return warranty) or get a break on the price for the repair (150-200 Euros?). Would prefer the latter.

Makes me re-appreciate my Xenotar 3.5E, which never had a film issue.

Jan

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 03:39:38 -0500
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: 3.5E and 2.8F questions
From: David Sadowski <dsadowski@xxxxxxxxx>