[rollei_list] Re: 2.8F test roll results

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 23:31:42 -0700

Sounds like the film feeler is not adjusted right. Requires removing the side of the camera to get at. You can test this with a dummy spool. Take an empty spool and wind some masking tape on one end. This goes under the film counter wheel (the thing with the teeth in it) and will work the counter. Then wedge paper between the feeler rollers, close the back and see if it winds. My Rolleis will all trip with a single business card between the rollers but I don't know the spec. Anyway, yours does not seem to be working right. I am surprised it trips at all.

On 7/18/2015 11:16 PM, Jan Decher wrote:

Sorry, I meant "test roll" of course. It's the silly editor in the webmail version of my email program. Will try to proof-read this one.

Well, I did 2 test rolls in the "new 2.8F" by nos. One Portra 160 at the store and one Agfapan 100 (8 minutes in 1:25 Rodinal) at home.
Detected the following unpleasant problem: pictures start at shot 3 or 4 right on the taped beginning of the film. I am loosing 3 or 4 images on every roll.
Otherwise sharpness is excellent, as I expected from the Planar, and even the built-in meter seems to be quite good.
So, its back to the store on Monday to either return the camera (2-week return warranty) or get a break on the price for the repair (150-200 Euros?). Would prefer the latter.

Makes me re-appreciate my Xenotar 3.5E, which never had a film issue.

Jan

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 03:39:38 -0500
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: 3.5E and 2.8F questions
From: David Sadowski <dsadowski@xxxxxxxxx>