[rodgersorgan] Re: Update from a silent list reader

  • From: HarryEBennett@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:24:15 EST

What model of Rodgers do you have?

You need to be able to control the Program Change as well as MSB and LSB
information on the XV to access all the possible sounds.  But there is
another problem.  I use the XV5050 with the Trillium and Insignia organs and
found that I need to set up performances with multiple patches and access the
desired performance with a single MIDI coupler to get multiple MIDI sounds
across the various manuals.  The XV5050 is cannot seem to handle multiple
MIDI couplers changing at the same time as with a piston change.  It displays
"Communication Error."  So I cannot use the XV in the same way I use any of
the Sound Canvas modules.  I can get the sounds I want where I want them.  It
is just not as convenient.  I set up one MIDI coupler to active the
performance change and set up the other midi couplers on the remaining
manuals with no program change information.  They need to be on to transmit
the notes on/off data.  Anybody else have any ideas on this?

Harry Bennett
Church Organs of Colorado
Rodgers Dealer

Just Published! Using the PR-300 Sequencer Voice Module by Frog Music Press
----
go to www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html