[rodgersorganusers] Re: Old Analogs

  • From: Bradley Starcevich <starchb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:05:11 -0800 (PST)

Ralph,

     No, I'm serious as a train wreck.  A Rodgers 330
(or similar Rodgers analog) is my preference, provided
it is properly voiced and installed.  It is the
digitals that sound artificial to me.  I believe it's
all in the ears.
     I have removed, installed, voiced, tuned, played,
and even owned a number of pipe organs of various
style and make since 1973.  I was one of the guys that
stuck my nose in the air at "those dreadful electronic
appliances".  That was until I heard a propery voiced
and installed electronic organ, which just happened to
be an analog Rodgers theatre organ.
     I purchased my 330E, spent the money for an audio
system that does the instrument justice, and have
never looked back.  I hear various pipe and electronic
organs in various installations all the time, and
there are few I would trade my Rodgers 330E
for.  I will state again that the key here is "PROPER
VOICING AND INSTALLATION, and that means you need an
audio system that is capable.
     Just my $0.02 worth.

Best regards,
Brad Starcevich