[rodgersorganusers] Re: Old Analogs

  • From: "Richard Torlai" <rltorlai@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 03:14:00 -0500

So you PREFER the analog over the digital?
You really have to have EARS to hear the difference. The organ my congregation
church has is a twenty five year old plus Allen that is half analog and half
digital. Certain registrations are analog and others are digital. I can tell
the digital ones.
Both of my home instruments are analog and I've gotten quite use to their tone
over the years.
I cannot say this about the Rodgers organ user list people, but as you already
know, when people come to hear you play, they "hear you with their eyes" rather
than their ears. more intent on watching the show and only slightly listen to
what is going on.
A true organ affectionado listens to every note and couldn't really care if the
organist was playing the instrument with his feet!
Rich