[rodgersorgan] More about: Rodgers Oegan SOund Library and Paraphrases I & II

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:28:57 -0400

As I understand it (this is hearsay, not actual experience), the Sound
Library isn't that big a deal unless you've simply run out of sounds to
try or you're very picky and looking for something specific.  The
Paraphrases I & II books allow you to play along with an orchestra,
similar to a singer singing along with a pre-recorded orchestral
arrangement of a song.  The difference is that the orchestra that
you're playing along with (using the included diskette) was arranged by
Hector Olivera for half the songs.  If you've heard Hector's CD "Crown
Him with Many Crowns" you've already heard many of the arrangements.
There are six arrangements in each volume.

Doug Brickett
Organist
Vista Grande Baptist Church
5680 Stetson Hills Blvd.