[rodgersorgan] Re: Rodgers Oegan Sound Library and Paraphrases I& II

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:27:21 -0400

The Sound Organ Library is an interesting addition to many organs.  I would
suggest making an appointment to visit a dealer and trying it out.

It seems to appeal most to the person who really likes creating stop
registrations that are as close to perfect as possible, as it provides elements
of different national styles of organ building that combine well with the basic
ensemble of the Rodgers Organ.

It takes over the entire PR-300, so you cannot record or play back disk while
these sound disks are in use.

While the basic disks only load one stop or ensemble at a time, there are sets
included that offer two voices per manual on organs that have MIDI A and MIDI B
on each manual and the pedals.  The sets include Dutch and German Baroque and
even Theater Organs voice.

When I first heard them they were played on a very small Rodgers which greatly
enhanced the color of the organ and its ability to perform the literature.

Even large instruments can benefit from the use of this library, as you can
pick
up stops (one of my favorites - the Septieme - always has been) that would be
difficult to justify purchasing and assigning a stop to permanently.

Some sounds are created to enhance the existing voices, others to stand on
their
own. It is a major achievement.

However, since they are not readily available on the stop tabs it could be easy
to forget they are available.

There are members of our list who have purchased them and found them very
useful
- others less so, so whichever group you are in, speak up!

Since they are current product and available from dealers, we can't post price
information of new sets with any accuracy since the level of dealer support
required as well as training provided directly affects the pricing of this
product, just like organs.

noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa
423 887-7594