[rodgersorgan] Re: Blame the Preacher!!

  • From: Musiccbeaver@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:31:02 EDT

I would not charge the couple for the rehearsal- even though it was not your
fault that you were not there- the bottom line is that you were not there.  I
have had a similar run-in with a bride a few months ago who thought the price
was too much also.  She instead chose to pay both the organist and pianist
what she thought they should get.  Needless to say, the organist and pianist
came to me in the parking lot and told me that they did not receive the fully
agreed upon amount.  I went back in and shared with the mother of the bride
about this (mother and daughter do not get along very well)  She ended up
paying the remainder and evidently really chastised her daughter before going
on their honeymoon.  The daughter told me that we did not agree on paying the
price, and I told her that we did.  (He said, she said)  In knowing this
would have been solved if a contract had been signed with agreed amounts, I
would encourage you to speak to the pastor about what happened and get a more
concrete policy in place for yourself and the church.  I certainly can
sympathize with you!

Chris Beaver

New Guide to Playing MIDI Voices...with Music you can play in church.  See
Playing MIDI Live at the Organ at Frog Music Press!

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com