[rodgersorgan] Re: A tale of two organs

  • From: Bardo Ellen <Ellen.Bardo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:43:15 -0400

I've been there and done that, my initial support came from the pastor who
could also hear the problem with the organ (we had a 30+ year old Allen that
was based on one rank of flute pipes and had capacitor problems).  Once we
included two council members who wanted to know what it would cost to
replace all the capacitors and got the expensive answer we started an organ
fund and committee.  Your next problem will be (at least mine was) one
member who wanted to spend the least amount possible and another who wanted
to look at where the technology had gone in the years since they purchased
the original organ.  We ended up with the 577 and three happy people; one
very happy member of the three person committee, the organist and the pastor
and two unhappy people--the bargain hunter and the member who saw the sky as
the limit.  If your situation is like mine you will find people who don't
know why you are telling them they need a new organ because they have music
(even if is keyboards, I play one service a year on a keyboard and I'm
always glad when it's over because I miss my pedals).  My time researching
the difference organ manufacturers and working with the committee was an
experience, hopefully you will have a better experience, but you need to
start with support by someone who recognizes the problem so you have
support--then the adventure begins.

Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com

To post send messages to: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

!