[roc-chat] Re: Tether setups

  • From: Gregory Lyzenga <lyzenga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:48:06 -0700

On Jun 13, 2012, at 4:10 PM, Jeff Gortatowsky wrote:

> Think of doing my first 'large' rocket. Large meaning bigger than 4 inches
> around.
>
> I have some 6 inch glassed tubing in storage and bought a 6 inch nose cone
> from Jack. I want to use DD but using a tether. I figure I'll use a hollow
> space in-between two bulkheads near the top of the 'fin can area' for the
> electronics with a hatch or hatches for access to the electronics below and
> the u-bolt above that the tether latches on to. If that makes sense.
>
> Anyone have pictures of their tethered setup?

Hi Jeff:
   This might be too large to be directly relevant, but I've got quite a few
pictures of my L3 project setup:
http://www.physics.hmc.edu/GL/WAC/recov.html

                   - Greg

Gregory A. Lyzenga  <lyzenga@xxxxxxx>           ***     (909) 621-8378
Dept. of Physics, Harvey Mudd College           *** cell(626) 808-5314
Claremont, CA 91711-5990                        *** fax (909) 621-8887
<http://tinyurl.com/LyzengaPhysics>