[roc-chat] Re: Tether setups

  • From: Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 11:05:07 -0700 (PDT)

(let me know if not appropriate for ROC-CHAT)

Greg thanks that is helpful, all my rockets have been single deploy and I
simply test for continuity during prep (no  charge, just the match), then cut
one lead, strip it, tape over one end of the bare wire, then put the charge in.
At the pad I take off the tape, twist the two bare ends together, and place the
tape back over it. Now with a larger dual deploy, and to MAYBE use it as an L3
project, I need to change that I guess. So forgive another dumb question...

What is the difference between shunting at the pad, and safeing should it come
down in an indeterminate state?
Seems like
1) Shunts are a possible failure point under boost, opening or closing under G
load and vibration (depend on what you used of course - maybe that is NOT so?)
2) The screw switches would provide both functions anyway(???)

No?

 Thanks!
Jeff Gortatowsky, Redondo Beach, CA | Twitter: JeffGortatowsky | Yahoo:
indanapt
"(Scientific) Skepticism is not a set of beliefs, it is a set of methods for
asking questions about reality." -- Doctor Steven Novella