[roc-chat] Re: Stability: Time to Use the Mojo

  • From: Richard Dierking <redierking@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 16:18:44 +0000

Thank you for the links Mike!  I checked both sites out.  Particularly, I liked
the Delta III project site.  The Ariane is a sweet rocket too, but I  like the
Ariane 5 more because it's such a beast. The problem they experienced on the
first flight of the Delta III is why I'm lighting the core first, then lighting
6 strap-ons three at a time immediately after liftoff.  I wish they would have
included photos of their rail attachment points.  I decided to use a rod
because it's difficult mounting rail buttons when the core's surrounded by
strap-ons. Thanks again,Richard Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 23:22:11 -0700
From: rockt_dude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Stability: Time to Use the Mojo
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard,

I don't know if there's any info applicable to your project, but

1) I recalled the Ariane 4 that a team from Switzerland brought to LDRS XX, and
found this:

http://www.argoshpr.ch/index.php/en/ariane-4/190-ariane-4-project

2) I also remember a Delta III by some people from the midwest, and found this
(of particular note is their Simulations page):

http://www.rocketryonline.com/rolpresents/index.php?site=insane

Mike