[roc-chat] Re: RocStock Camp Layout

  • From: Allen Farrington <allen.farrington@xxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 09:03:26 -0700

Our permit with the BLM requires some separation when the flight line is 1/4
mile or more long. At ROCStocks, the flightline is more than 1/4 mile long.
They need to be spaced out.

Allen
Terseness and mis-spelling courtesy of my iPhone

On Jun 9, 2015, at 8:50 AM, Kurt Gugisberg <kurtgug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mike Otsby will be on site to locate the porta potties and dumpster on
Thursday. I also agree that we should clump most of them in the middle but
also have ones on either side a couple hundred feet from the center.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 8:03 AM, R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Good job Chris. Thank you and the other volunteers that will set up. You
directed your message to the BOD, but hopefully, you will not mind outside
comments.

I just sent a message to Rick D and others about the number of portable
toilets. I think there should be more than ordered in the past and they
should be cleaned daily. Hopefully, there will be someone there when the
toilets are delivered that knows where they should be located. There have
been a couple large launches where the toilets on the east and west ends
were located too far out and the central ones were ‘overused.’ (Really not
good when a portable toilet is overused.)

Anyway, I suggest that the Board consider just placing all the toilets
grouped in the center of the camping area in the second row. This way, they
should all be used about the same, and if there’s a trash can located next
to a hand washing station it’s easier to dump it on a regular basis.

If there are hand washing stations with the delivery, please ask them to
assure they are not leaking before they leave and that the hand sanitizers
are filled.

Again, lots of people appreciate the volunteers that set-up, run the launch,
and help pack everything at the end. You volunteers rock, and that’s why
ROCstock is such a fun event.