[roc-chat] Re: ROC BBQ Plan - wine - twisted few

  • From: Steve Trammell <stramm8235@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 20:38:40 -0400 (EDT)

Ah, a man after my own tastes; and I grew up in the Napa Valley. When I became aware of Napa wines (in the 60's) you could count the wineries on your fingers. When I left Napa 20 years ago there were over 600 (Is Planet of the Grapes still around?)! Everybody was planting Chardonnay, Merlot wasn't talked about in polite company, and Sterling Vineyards introduced the disgusting practice of charging for tasting.

Steve Trammell

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Richard Dierking wrote:

Wine at ROC BBQ's must be kept at lakebed temperatures. You wouldn't want to get a brain-freeze when guzzling a paper cup of it. Red wines are great; or maybe I'm thinking of redlines.
Richard
Oh, and those little bottles with the screw caps are good too.

___________________________________

Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 19:14:13 -0700
From: indanapt@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: ROC BBQ Plan - wine - twisted few
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My guess is all I can contribute to the pot luck is some decent (depending on your tastes) wine. Keeping it decent in the wake of temps out there could be a challenge. Easier to take some Rieslings and Gewürztraminers as they can be kept cold.

No. I will not bring Twisted Oak as I prefer to hoard that for myself... ;D BTW: Is Twisted Oak the official wine of R.O.C.? It should be for obvious reasons.

Is El Jefe coming? (Not me! Though I fit!) Will he bring me some PigStai to share?

BTW: I am staying the official Inn in Barstow... is anyone else? Meetup for drinks and a BS session in Barstow Friday? Anyone?

Jeff Gortatowsky, Redondo Beach, CA | Twitter: JeffGortatowsky | Yahoo: indanapt
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jeffgortatowsky
Blog @ http://skepticalastronomer.wordpress.com

"(Scientific) Skepticism is not a set of beliefs, it is a set of methods for asking questions about reality." -- Doctor Steven Novella