[roc-chat] Re: Punisher on a K1440

  • From: John Coker <john@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 18:55:34 -0700

The tip has an internal thread, so I was thinking that some weight on a
bolt would work, but haven't set one up yet.

RockSim says C.P. at 38.6in for me.

John

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Kenneth Harkema <kenrico2000@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I was getting ready to turn in my numbers and decided to reverify my roc
sim dl from web .

Nose is 18 inches not 18.25.. main tube is 32.125 not 33 inches and fins
are 9.5 inches long not 10.5.

So with a quickee cg at 31 inches back from tip rs now shows cp at 36.55
inches ..with motor loaded now showing .27 calibers stable .

Initially dry weight shows 3.74 lbs ..have not put in batts or hardware
yet. Adding weight if needed .will be a bear because tip already installed

Has aeropack tailcone retainer.

Kenny
On Jun 7, 2015 4:51 PM, "David Reese" <dareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did that on mine for a few flights but I'm getting sick of untwisting
the shock cord... this is one of those boosters that likes to paddlewheel
on the way down for some reason. It's never affected function-- just a
minor annoyance. Hence the "maybe" from me :-)

--david

ps Still haven't figured out how to determine a priori whether that'll
happen or not.

On Jun 7, 2015, at 4:43 PM, Mike & Nancy Kramer <kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

anyone thinking no drogue just let it flat spin with a long shock cord?

Mike Kramer