[roc-chat] Re: Punisher on a K1440

  • From: John Coker <john@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 15:42:19 -0700

Saturday morning sounds perfect. I'll be driving down from Big Bear Lake,
but will try to reach the site before 8am.

John

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 3:03 PM, David Reese <dareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Here's how mine is built:

Retainer -- Aeropack standard
Drogue -- maybe
Main -- yes
Altimeter -- RRC2+
Tracking -- ComSpec/RocketHunter ch. 451
Main -- 500' (unless the W is there, then 300')
Dry CG -- 28.5" from nose tip
Wet CG -- 33.5" from nose tip
All-up weight -- 8.29 lbm

I have a 16-pad wireless Wilson F/X system on the way to handle the race
(we can use it for the other away cells too, if the board so desires),
which I plan to set up at the designated spot Friday afternoon. We can drag
the pads out then, too. This way, there's minimal impact on the rest of the
range.

I have hardware sets and reloads for distribution (see attachment for
gratuitous rocket porn) and will have them available starting on Friday --
show me your prepped rocket and I'll hand over the loot :-)

The website says the range opens at 0800 so let's meet at the Wildman West
tent then and have these things off the ground ASAP so we can minimize
impact to range ops. Is that OK with everyone?

See you at the lakebed!

--david

JPEG image