[roc-chat] Re: Punisher 2

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 22:57:46 -0700

I believe there were other things that could have been recommended that would
have really improved safety when these mass launch rules were created and the
present mass launch rules are a poorly written knee jerk reaction and the best
example of the dangers of mass launching was orchestrated by the TRA Board
itself at LDRS. And, as usual, I'm trying to be nice. Launching fewer rockets
at a time is safer. I don't think many people would disagree with that. But
other things are more significant. I don't want my friends getting in any sort
of trouble and that's the primary reason I want to assure the current rules are
followed.

I think the mass launch of the Punishers was cool and I'm glad I was there.
And, I would participate if there was another one.

Richard Dierking

On Jun 16, 2015, at 10:27 PM, "Allen Farrington" <allen.farrington@xxxxxx>
wrote:

Just move everyone back to the road! Or the market.

Allen
Terseness and mis-spelling courtesy of my iPhone

On Jun 16, 2015, at 9:43 PM, David Smith <davew6dps@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You know, I have always wondered what it would look like to launch all 48
pads at once.

What do you think Richard, would we need additional distance?

Maybe just use the NAR safety code, rather than Tripoli?

David P Smith
NAR 78668, L2
Amateur Extra, W6DPS
ROC Board Member