[roc-chat] Old Dr. Rocket 98mm forward closure with ejection well?

  • From: John Howard <john.howard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 11:33:54 -0700 (PDT)

Anyone know if the old style Dr. Rocket 98mm forward closure with an ejection
well will work with current AT loads?
I can't find much on the web, and only have found two Dr Rocket closures on his
ancient website with http://wayback.archive.org/web/. One is listed as regular,
the other as extended. Aerotech and Rouse-Tech only make a normal length
enclosure now. So I'm assuming that extended 98mm closures won't work anymore?
I did find that delay's for the 98mm are no longer approved for use, but one
could plug the hole for the ignition of the charge, and use it as a plugged
closure. But one of these is scrap metal if I can't really use it in the future.
Thanks,
John
P.S. Attached is pic of one