[roc-chat] Launch Today

  • From: Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 21:33:31 -0700 (PDT)

First off, as of June 1st, no one is even allowed to post a message here with
the letter 'W' in it! Okay? No words with W's period.
Richard 10am? No way... I drove through Hesperia on Main at 8:30am I could see
all the commercial banners flapping hard... then in Lucerne the plastic bags in
the fences! :D

The moment I stepped out at 9:10am it was blowing. So I did what any decent
rocketeer would do in the face of 25mph winds... I went over to Jack and spent
money!

Richard is right about one thing... HPR and Dual Deploy are married at the hip
the past three months. My Dagger 38 is going to be DD. I have a tether as well
but have yet to learn to use it.

I launched one rocket... stupid really... a 10oz(!) BT-60 based 6 foot rocket
(a Custom Rockets Equinox) on a 29mm F25. It flew GREAT! And then drift 3/4 of
the way to the road. Which I walked - I needed the walk. Fortunately it stopped
dragging in a rut. By then the ALTIM1 in the payload section had bounce along
enough to cause the beepers case to separate... so I don't know the altitude.

Thanks to the BOD for the hard work setting up and taking down. Rick, in case I
did not mention it, Don't forget the volunteer signup sheet! :D
Okay... put me down for 4 hours each afternoon starting at 12 or 1pm (whichever
the schedule segments out to) for LCO and LCO spotter each day)...

Later guys...
Wedge... Farside-X... that would be amazing. :)

Jeff Gortatowsky, Redondo Beach, CA | Twitter: JeffGortatowsky | Yahoo:
indanapt
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jeffgortatowsky
Blog @ http://skepticalastronomer.wordpress.com

"(Scientific) Skepticism is not a set of beliefs, it is a set of methods for
asking questions about reality." -- Doctor Steven Novella