[roc-chat] Re: Generator etiquette

  • From: MonsieurBoo@xxxxxxx
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 07:40:46 EDT

Well, "old timers" these days are entitled to be curmudgeonly.   What!  We
can send men to the moon but we can't build a quiet gen  set?  *grin*

It was easier back in the day.  We had no sober-scientific public  image to
live up to.  Everyone expected, as the saying goes, that  "everything we do
makes noise or stinks".  Y'know, sulfur / zinc, fer  cryin' in a basket.

Now we have to be careful not to pee in the perchlorate shrimp sinkhole and
 set off the BLM's pH sensor.

Life would be so much simpler if it were a railroad enthusiasts' camp-out
instead, where malefactors could be banished to the wrong side of the
tracks.

Cheers,
Mark L

(from DC where all is Peace'n'Luv
except when the power goes out
in the $1M-homes neighborhoods
and the neighbors run their gen all night)

In a message dated 5/2/2011 1:15:17 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I know  there are some "old timers" out there that must be getting a kick
out of our  discussion about generator etiquette.

Richard