[roc-chat] Re: Generator etiquette

  • From: Richard Dierking <redierking@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:32:35 +0000

Now that would be a great song to wake up to!

Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 13:13:22 -0700
From: rocket1dog@xxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Generator etiquette

I did find my Iron Butterfly tape with In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida...long version.
Peace.

From: ericwil76@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 12:35:08 -0700
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Forgot to mention that in the Army for noise discipline we would bury our
generators. What we did was dig a large hole deep enough to place the generator
in. The hole needed to be a few feet deeper then the generator was tall. The
ground absorbed much of the sound and the rest was directed vertically not
horizontal. The technique worked damn well kept the enemy from finding us
because of our noisy generators.  ROC could invest in a small backhoe and dig
then fill holes for visitors I am sure the BLM would love this.

I guess that makes my total .04 cents put it on my tab.

Eric