[ring89] Re: August Ring meeting - probably can't be there

  • From: "John C. Sherwood" <jcsherwood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ring89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ring89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 18:58:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Jeff --

Your news hits me (and the others, I'm sure) very hard. You've been a gigantic
asset to the museum, and losing you is a loss to us all -- and to Marshall.
What you've accomplished during your tenure is tremendous. But I well
understand the issues, having done it myself within the last couple of years
(coming from Port Huron!).

I'll give you a call to discuss who might fill in (if anyone can) as the
spokesperson for the museum during the March show.

The group is scheduled to meet Monday, Aug. 19 (as I recall).  I can't attend,
but we'll talk before then.

And now, somehow, I must try to sleep tonight ... !

------
John C. Sherwood: jcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Union City, MI, USA ~ (610) 742-6735 ~ Twitter @jcsherwood
Domain: http://www.MysteryVisits.com

>________________________________

of the museum.  I have some family obligations that require I spend more
time in the Flint area and less time in Marshall.  I have expressed to the
board the importance of working with Ring 89 and they agree that the
relationship needs to continue.  We will do everything we can to have the
museum open for your monthly meetings.

>A larger issues involves the program at the Franke.  Not knowing what
my life/work schedule will be in the next few months, I’m afraid I can not
commit to participating.  Fortunately, my portion of the program will be
the easiest to replace as it requires no magic skill or real talent.

>I plan to be at the next meeting – however you’ll have to remind me what
day was picked.

>Jeff

there
>  Hi, guys --
>

>Because
of the shift of meeting date, I won't be able to attend the upcoming Ring
meeting (I'll be at a City Council meeting).

>If
you all can, please give some thought to what you're planning to perform at the
March 29 show at the Franke Center, and share your "honored magician" with Jeff
so he can start preparing related historical material for his slide
show.

>In September we'll need to buckle down on how we intend to
coordinate the show with the staff at the Franke Center, as well as work out
publicity for the show.

>We'll
also need to launch an effort to buy/build materials for the proposed screen
around the sub trunk.

>Here's
the prospective show schedule:

>FIRST ACT (~ 1 hour)
>Phil - Chinese sticks and D'light (7)
>Jeff - Introduction - Bringing the museum on stage (3)
>Eric - ????????? - poss. Jumbo cards (5)
>Ron - Rope routine (5)
>Krag - hypnotic disc &/or dye- version
>Scoop - Basic juggling bit - KNIVES??? (7)
>John - Chavez-style balls / cards ???? & Straitjacket w/Ally
(10)
>Jeff - Historical revue w/slides of magicians invoked on stage and
at museum - Slideshow (10)
>Phil - Linking Rings (7)
>
>INTERMISSION - Strolling magic by Eric, Ron, Todd (15)
>
>SECOND ACT (~ 1 hour)
>Krag - silks & temple screen
>Ron - Coke bottle routine
>John - ESP routine w/ Card sword (7)
>Phil - Floating light bulb (7)
>Jeff - Museum overview - Lund history? - Slideshow (7)
>Scoop - Block juggling & balloon giveaway/drawing (collect
after show) - Help from Eric, Ron, Jeff, Todd (10)
>John & Ally - The Metamorphosis (chain cuffs) with aid from
Ron, Jeff, Phil, Scoop, Eric, Todd (10)