[realmusicians] Re: Need advice from my brothers

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 16:42:03 -0400

If you use the laptop plugged in a lot, take out the battery. If you use the
laptop plugged in with the battery in it you are actually killing the
battery. I don't mean if you have it plugged in for a few hours only, I mean
if your laptop sits on your desk most of the time and is plugged in, best to
take out the battery. Another thing, cycle your battery once every week or
every other week depending on how much you use it. That is, let the battery
dy out completely while using it, Not to the 10% mark where the computer
goes to sleep, I mean the 0% mark, to the point that the laptopp won't power
up. Then let it sit around for about 1-2 hours, then with your laptop off,
plug in the laptop and charge the battery for about 6+ hours, depends on
battery on how long you should charge it for. Once you turn on the laptop
the battery should read 100%. Doing this maximizes bat life...

HTH, D!J!X!