[real-eyes] Fw: Window-Eyes First with Windows Vista

  • From: "Jim Fettgather" <jimkc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:14:49 -0600

Window-Eyes First with Windows Vista
Where's FS?

----- Original Message -----
From: dan@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: gw-info@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:27 PM
Subject: Window-Eyes First with Windows Vista

Think Window-Eyes First - This is the first time in the history of computer
technology, where a full-featured screen reader is ready on the same day as the
general release of a new operating system.  No other screen reader is ready.

In July 2000 at the summer conferences GW Micro demonstrated Window-Eyes
reading Adobe PDF files.  No other screen reader was ready.

In September 2001 at the WCD exhibition GW Micro demonstrated Window-Eyes
running under Windows XP.  No other screen reader was ready.

In March 2002 at the CSUN conference GW Micro demonstrated Window-Eyes version
4.2 utilizing Flash technology.  No other screen reader was ready.

With the January 2003 release of version 4.21, Window-Eyes was the first to
implement Display Chain Management, the standard that allows applications such
as screen readers and screen magnifiers to co-exist peacefully.  No other
screen reader was ready.

In March 2003 at the CSUN conference GW Micro demonstrated Window-Eyes running
under Citrix MetaFrame XP, Microsoft Terminal Services and Microsoft Windows
XP/2003 Professional Remote Desktop.  No other screen reader was ready.

When Window-Eyes 4.5 was released in September 2003 it had the first and to
this date the only error reporting system available in a screen reader.  This
error reporting system improves stability and reliability, which are critical
to a productive, enjoyable computing experience.  No other screen reader was
ready then and no other screen reader is ready today.

In November 2005, the release of Window-Eyes 5.5 offered full support of
Mozilla Firefox running DHTML applications.  No other screen reader was ready.

December 4, 2006 GW Micro released Window-Eyes 6.0 with Microsoft Office 2007
support and support for the new ribbon interface.  No other screen reader was
ready.

Today - January 30, 2007 GW Micro released a public beta version of Window-Eyes
that will run under the new operating system, Windows Vista.  This is the first
time in the history of computer technology, where a full-featured screen reader
is ready on the same day as the general release of a new operating system.  No
other full-featured screen reader is ready.

Think Window-Eyes First because we strive to be the First and you should not
have to wait.  We are leading the way, just as we have for many years -
innovating, changing with new technology, giving you, the customer the true
freedom to choose the latest software when you want it.

To download a full public beta version that anyone, even non-Window-Eyes users
can try, go to www.gwmicro.com/beta and download your copy today.

For our clients with computers running Windows 2000, XP or 2003 Server there is
a separate public beta download, which includes various improvements and
performance enhancements.  When you download your version, please make certain
you are choosing the correct file.

Remember, this is a public beta version - please let us know about any issues
that you may find.  We listen and respond to our customers and our goal is to
provide the finest quality screen reader possible.