[racktables-users] Re: help wanted with RHEL

  • From: Dean Hamstead <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:58:26 +1000

My understanding is that EPEL doesnt over-write RHEL packages?

However epel for rhel6 beta is now out. Although this doesnt help anyone who cant wait to deploy when RHEL6 is released ;(

Dean

Colin Coe wrote:
Agreed, but RedHat have this habit of not making changes in RHEL where
user impact my be felt.

CC

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

17.06.2010, 06:15, "Colin Coe" <colin.coe@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hey all

I've been out of action for a bit and am trying to catch up on this
thread. As the RPM maintainer for Fedora and EPEL, I'm wondering if I
need to leave RackTables on the 0.17 branch for RHEL 4&5, and move to
the 0.18 branch for Fedora 12+.

Does that sound right or have I missed something?
I guess, a better way would be to resolve the PCRE issue in RHEL and to have
one version everywhere.

--
   Denis Ovsienko

--