[racktables-users] Re: Import Script

  • From: Gonzalo Servat <gservat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 07:10:58 +1000

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Same here - although I don't really understand how an api is going to be
> much more immune to changes than the underlying sql when additions are made
> to the underlying data.  And while it seems like a good idea in theory,
> tracking 3 different api's in different languages could be even worse than
> following the sql schemas in terms of how much you need to know about the
> code.

Yep, this is true. Any changes made to their functions would have to
be reflected in this. Besides, people would have to run the PHP
server/python client which sounds like a lot of trouble to do an
import.

> Did you end up writing a complete intermediate database so you could track
> changes against it or do you do full updates?

Not sure what you mean by an intermediate database to track changes? I
was planning on just updating/inserting into the DB.

- Gonzalo