[racktables-users] Re: Import Script

  • From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 17:58:38 -0500

On 5/7/2010 6:19 AM, Gonzalo Servat wrote:
Hi All,

I'm starting to write a Python script to import data from Puppet's
YAML format (although the idea is that you can extend the base class
to import in other formats -- CSV, XML, etc) into RackTables. Does
something like this already exist? Would anyone be interested in
something like this?

The only problem I see with it is that, as new versions come out of
RackTables, there's a good chance if the schema changes considerably
the script will need tweaking as it will talk to MySQL directly.

I'd like to be able to pull data from Ocsinventory-ng and OpenNMS - both of which are auto-updating, but there's the same issue with underlying databases that are likely to have schema changes over time.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx