[racattack] Re: dhclient-script overwrites /etc/resolv.conf

  • From: Ludovico Caldara <Ludovico.Caldara@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:12:44 +0000

Bjoern and Maaz, after a couple of tries I've seen that, depending on your
network connection, PEERDNS is set to yes or no. (my home wifi: yes by default,
office lan w/o internet enabled: no by default)

I've specified it initially in the book but it has been commented out, perhaps
because of a different network configuration.

I suppose that I'll revert it back again.

I've also completed an installation today WITHOUT INTERNET CONNECTION, but
using the DVD repo, I'll document it for sure, it can save a lot of time @ OOW.

Just to track my times (and damn, it's 1:00 AM AGAIN):

Lenovo T520, 8gb ram, all VDI drives on an external "My passport" Westenr
Digital encrypted with bitkeeper on a Windows 7 also bitkeeped (worst case
ever!!):

From Vbox installation to persistent storage naming configuration: 52' (using
OL64 DVD repo)
Cluster creation: 22'
GI install: 1h05'
RAC Install: 50'
DB Creation: 45'

Total: 3h54'  (I have partial timings if you're curious)

Good night or morning depending on the location :-)

Ludovico Caldara
Consultant
Infrastructure Managed Services

trivadis AG
Rue Marterey 5
CH-1005 Lausanne

Phone +41-58 459 54 54
Fax +41-21-321 47 01
Mobile +41-79-909 72 75
ludovico.caldara@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.trivadis.com

Le saviez-vous ? Trivadis arrive au deuxième rang des fournisseurs de services
informatiques suisses dans le classement de Computerworld. Ce classement mesure
le degré de satisfaction des clients. Trivadis arrive en tête en matière
d’Innovation et de Facilité d’utilisation.