[pythonvis] Re: print"Hello world."

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 23:31:27 +0100

As an amendment to my previous email, the Python statements which I ran
in the interactive interpreter and then pasted into my email were quoted
by my email client.  In the interpreter, you will see three greater-than
signs (>>>) which means a statement has finished running and the
interpreter is waiting and happy to accept another.  If you see three
dots (...) instead, it means your statements isn't complete and Python
is expecting something else to finish it, or that an indented block is
expected.  For example:

    >>> age = 16
    >>> if age > 21:
    ...     print "You can drink in the USA!"
    ... else:
    ...     print "You're too young, sorry."
    You're too young, sorry.
--
James Scholes
http://twitter.com/JamesScholes