[python] Re: pivot quality

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:58:56 -0700

> In contrary to this, the cup and cone BB of my wife's P1 showed
> plenty of play after 1000 km. Better do not use these.
>
> Cheers,
> Jürgen.

I would echo that observation.  Marcel wanted to use a cup and cone BB in
his first attempt, and after a while it developed a lot of play, was
deformed, and failed.  Then he went to the current headtube, again with cups
and cones, and again, there is play developing, the cups are dimpled and
he's looking at some high quality sealed roller headsets as replacement.
I'll let you all know how that works out.