[python] Re: lean steer trike

  • From: <spartansmoke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:08:50 -0500

> This is not a Python, but I ran across this lean steering trike and thought
> I would pass the URL along to anyone who may be interested and not have seen
> it. It looks quite interesting and the construction of a similar one
> appears to be relatively simple. The weight at 36 pounds seems a bit heavy,
> and a 20 inch drive wheel would make it a bit slow for my tastes. It is sad
> that he went commercial with it so quickly.
>
> http://www.rohorn.com

It is interesting how they made the front section around the
wheel with a single cromoly pipe.  Also notice that it extends
ahead of the pedals for a headlight mount.  Would there be
a reason not to do this with the Python design?

Hillel,

As I see the picture of Bob's trike I think his idea of the extended front boom is most likely to foot protection in the event of a frontal crash, but I can certainly see how it could work very well for mounting lights.

As for being able to do this on a Python based design, I don't see why it wouldn't work quite well. I should have my python completed sometime in January and I will see if I can incorporate something like that into the design.

Juergen,

Thanks for the thought about building the trike so that it could be "convertible". It would be quite nice to be able to switch easily from a bike to a trike. Also the front wheel drive delta design lends itself well to incorporating a trailer much like the one on the FlevoTrike.

Best regards to all and happy holidays,

Michael
California

Get dial-up Internet access now with our best offer: 6 months @$9.95/month! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup