[python] Re: carbhyton

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:20:21 +0200

Olaf Johansson schrieb:

On 11 sep 2006, at 20.59, Jürgen Mages wrote:

Were you not yourself interested in making a CF-python?

Yes, I want to build a CF amphibian python, but some crucial issues have not been solved yet.

You will miss the rust, is that it?

No, it is more about buoyancy and sealed bearings.

Soon winter is here. I would like to build the next python in my
kitchen where it is warm and comfy. Indoor MIG-MAGING might burn a
hole or two in the table cloth. That's why CF rules.

But I am a complete novice and have to read and learn everything from
 scratch. Any pointers to good primers on CF?

Are you sure it is a good idea to work with epoxy in a closed room? A good info source is alwys R&G and their forums.

To calculate loads and material strength is not my cup of tea. It
would have been nicer to copy a finished and tested design. But then
again, that isn't the way to build a python, is it?

With steel and a welding machine you could always modify the prototype. This is different with CF. So everything should be decided before you start.

BTW: Robert Liebergen's CF Python weighs 8.9 kg. Good work.