[python] Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Max Speed 67 on Delta Trike

  • From: "Thomas Paul Jahn" <tpj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 22:25:16 +0200

>>> Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx> 02-09-07 21:48 >>>
Thanks Thomas,

nice little beast.

thanks!

Did you try to realize your idea that you send us some time ago? I can
see that you've build a BB behind the steering pivot. But you did not
suspend the rear part. What made you change your construction? What did
you use for the steering pivot?

Yes, I changed the original idea. The suspension is simply a 'car engine mount
block', just as you have on YOUR pythons. The rubber block will be placed above
the suspension pivot. Compared to my original idea, I have moved the two pivots
as closed as possible to each other making it a centre suspension. And the back
lean of seat is not suspended. Instead it is fixed to the back part.
Consequently, during suspension, the bike will 'fold' like a pocketknife. And
so will the rider. Dirk called it a circus bike. :-) So if it doesn't work out
as I wish, I will take the gears off to make a direct transmission and donate
it to the next circus.  :-))

But I should probably say that the suspension is rather hard and the suspension
way (?) "Federweg" rather short. So I think it could be a nice cruising bike.
Nothing for top speed though, unless I replace the rubber block with a rigid
element. Just as I have done for now. I hope you can see it on the picture.

The steering pivot is again a BB. I probably have to make some more pictures
later. But I will work a little more on the bike first.

What made me change my construction?: Carl Georg Rasmussen! He looked at my
work, pointed to the lower part of the fork, which serves to support the seat
and said: It will brake here!
I didn't argue with the master. Just changed plans. I guess he is right.

cheers
Thomas